Tuesday, April 22, 2008

At the Beach

We are just getting back into our routine after a week lounging around at the beach. We can appreciate the statement, 'I need a vacation from my vacation.' We did a whole lot of nothing in particular (which was precisely the goal of our trip), yet I am exhausted after it all. I think it was the late night Wii tournaments after days filled with fun in the sun that did me in. But nonetheless, it was a great trip, and everyone had a lot of fun. MariCagle and Nate enjoyed the beach building a tremendous fort, running from the waves, searching for seashells, digging for buried treasure, flying kites, making sand angels and just sitting in their beach chairs enjoying a snack. They also loved the heated pool. They got braver and braver jumping off the side especially with the inflatable rings. They loved being able to hang out for more than just a weekend with Hudson and Quinn. It was special to Brandon and me too to get to spend some real time with our niece and nephew. There's just something about spending time with family away from the usual places where there are often 'things' that we have to do. It was great and I hope we'll get to do it again! I hope you enjoy just a few pictures from the week (we took a million, literally I think)!


Nate and MariCagle upon arrival at the beach our first day. They were anxious to get out there, but kind enough to pose for a picture for me.



MariCagle playing in the waves. For the first 20 minutes she and Nate both ran in and out of the waves like they were playing chase.



Nate danced in and out of the waves until he face planted into one. He steered clear the rest of the trip. :)



Nate and Brandon begin work on the soon-to-be massive fort. Brandon remained sore the rest of the week after all the digging.



Hudson, MariCagle and Nate loved the fort. It was as big as MariCagle had hoped for in her anticipation of the beach!



THE fort complete with a double moat barrier. All were secure. :)



I just love pictures at the beach. Brandon was experimenting with the black and white setting on this one.



Nate was searching for seashells. He enjoyed throwing them back into the ocean as far as he could to watch them splash. MC, however, brought every one of hers home.



Nate with his turn flying the kite. It was quite an easy task on this windy day but he worked hard at it nonetheless.



MariCagle delighted in kite flying too.



What cool cats! And adorable too. :)



Nate was not afraid to get sandy. Since he hasn't had a chance in his lifetime to make a snow angel, he went for a sand angel.



As I said, by the end of the week there was no fear in jumping in the water.



Wee!



We took the time to take a family shot on our way to supper our last night.



Probably our most surprising event on the trip was MariCagle's eagerness to get on the bungee trampoline. This is the same girl who wailed and pitched a fit to have a splinter taken out of her finger earlier in the week. I kept thinking she was going to change her mind during her 30 minute wait, but she never waivered, not even when the guy slung her 25' into the air the first time!! I am still amazed.

So you can tell we had a fabulous time! Hopefully these pictures get you ready for the summer!

1 comment:

Kim Lockhart said...

We had a blast and those are great shots. what about the tooth-fairy?